Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

1. For this first project, I am going to commit to the Quick Reference Guide. This genre is one that I feel would be the most useful to my story because it allows a quick but precise re-telling of what happened and it allows me to hit a lot of information, without boring the reader with too much reading. They can get just the facts and none of the other fluff or non-sense that would distract form the facts.

2. I will definitely plan on developing the images and links part of the conventions associated with a Quick Reference guide. I want images that really depict what happened and draw the reader in and quick links in the guide that allow the reader to further research if they want to become an expert on the topic.

3. I feel pretty good about my topic and my genre honestly. My biggest challenge I feel will probably be jamming a ton of information into a shorter, neater, more easily readable guide for a reader. I tend to be very explanatory and creative when I write, so creating a quick reference guide that needs to be quick and concise I feel will be a little bit difficult for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment