Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report A

Original Intro:

Throughout the course of this semester, I have learned many things about writing, creating, time management, and networking within my chosen career field and beyond. My name is Cynthia and I am currently a sophomore here at the University of Arizona. I am studying political science and Arabic and I am currently in the Naval ROTC program with the intention of becoming a Naval officer upon graduation. Although, I want to be a pilot in the Navy, there are many hoops I will have to jump through in order to get there and there will always be a life after the military where I will need to have essential life skills in order to function.

Revised Intro:

Before I get into my progression of the writing process throughout this semester and how I have learned and grown as a writer, I feel it is necessary to introduce myself. My name is Cynthia Morton and I am currently a sophomore at the University of Arizona. I study political science and I am also intending to declare a second major in the Arabic Language. Additionally, I am in the Naval ROTC program here at the UA, so my intended future career will be as a US Naval officer and hopefully, as a pilot. So although, it may seem like a college English class  my sophomore year of college would be little help to that end, I must disagree. I have learned more about myself and working in the professional world that I find invaluable.

Changes:
The biggest things I tried to change within this section was the information I included. Obviously I kept in the info about myself and my future career, but I tried to tie it more into this class and introduce how the class has helped my in not only writing, but in life skills as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment