Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Field of Study

Students in my field of study basically learn how to analyze historical and current government policy and how it affects government, economics, and society in general.




People in this field generally go onto be researchers in the field of political science, or maybe work as a political advisor for politicians. They may go on to be politicians or work in some type of foreign affairs aspect like at an embassy.




I found that I have a passion for politics, specifically because I see so many problems with our current political system and I think there really is something that can be done to fix it. It may sound far-fetched or impossible, but I honestly believe one voice has the power to cause change if heard by the right people. My ultimate goal is to help people, whether I pursue a career in this field or not, politics encompasses a wide range of things and careers I could go after.




For me personally, these are the three most exciting people currently in the field:
    1. Martha McSally- She was elected to Congress very recently from our district here in Tucson and has already been accomplishing things in Washington. I had the pleasure of meeting her and working with her on her campaign and got to know her as a genuine, humble person and someone I look up to.
    2. Barack Obama- This may seem typical, but I actually find him to be one of the most interesting presidents we have had as a nation. He has a way of communicating with the people that is very unique and in my opinion, why he has so many supporters/haters.
    3. Donald Trump- Perhaps one of the most "exciting" people in this field right now more because of what he says rather than his actual political science views more than anything else. Still, an interesting man to follow.


Top Academic Journals:


-American Journal of Political Science Published online


-British Journal of Political Science Published online


-American Political Science Review Published online


Typewriter, Antique, Letters, Manual, Model, Vintage
English. Typewriter. 7/5/2015 via Pixabay. Public Domain License.  




No comments:

Post a Comment